LISTEN: Newsom proposes revised state budget, sending routers to areas with unstable internet and more on Tahoe Talk
Today’s topics include:
- Gov. Newsom to propose a revised state budget today – expected to have a deficit of $54B (adds CA, NC, PA are sending buses equipped with long-distance routers to poor and rural neighborhoods that don’t have stable internet)
- South Lake Tahoe 4th of July Fireworks have been canceled, possibly Labor Day instead
- Echo Pass construction project closing Hwy 50 postponed to post-Labor Day
- Demand high for Lake Tahoe real estate amid virus shutdown
- Close contact: Spa, salon experience to be vastly different
- Reno City Council gives ‘OK’ for bars to begin curbside service
- Thursday jobless claims update: 3M last week, 36.5M total
- Stocks drop across the board as Federal Reserve Chair make claims of uncertainty and more evidence of 2nd waves are surfacing
- Some of the first “bars” open in America in Wisconsin last night
Listen to the latest podcasts here.
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User