LISTEN: Record setting temperatures around the region this week and more on Tahoe Talk
Up-to-date, daily info on news that is happening around Lake Tahoe, California and Nevada!
Today’s topics include:
- C19 Global Totals: 5.6M cases, 348K deceased – WHO issues warning of “immediate second peak”
- Day traders and stock brokers are back on the floor of NYSE Tuesday
- SpaceX launch Wednesday at 1:33 ET to take 2 Americans to ISS – 40% chance of launch due to bad weather, catastrophic failure = 1/270 possibility
- Record setting high temps around the region
- New ban on travelers from Brazil will take effect later today – 2nd highest case load in the world and some officials estimate it’s 10x higher than the published number
- HISTORIC: UC colleges will no longer require students to submit SAT or ACT test scores as part of its admissions process, voted unanimously Thursday in a historic decision likely to have national ripple effects. Instead, the nine campuses plan to develop by 2025 a new standardized test for California residents
- National Paper Airplane Day
- NV Gov. Sisolak expected to make big announcement today – June 4th target date to open casinos
- Lime scooters may (or may not) return to Tahoe this summer
- Brand new 68 unit affordable housing project breaking ground this week – opening Spring 2021
- Whittell High School announced as top public school in state of Nevada – 96% graduation rate
Listen to the latest podcasts here.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
‘Why to These Rocks’: Community of Writers celebrates fifty years of annual workshop with poetry collection
Edited by Lisa Alvarez, and introduced by long-time poetry director and former U.S. Poet Laureate, Robert Hass, “Why to These Rocks” tells part of the story of the Community of Writers through work produced in…