10th annual Truckee Day, block party is Saturday
May 30, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The 10th annual Truckee Day — a town-wide street clean up and community block party — takes place Saturday, June 1.
Truckee Day happens every year on the first Saturday in June and it's a great community event open to everyone young to old, local and visitor alike. More than 800 volunteers came out for last year's ninth annual event and collected an more than five tons of trash and roadside litter from Truckee streets.
A quick visit to http://www.truckeeday.org will help you find the check in station closest to you. this year, there are 25 stations. On Saturday, head to your check-in station between 8 and 9 a.m., sign your volunteer form, grab your free Truckee Day T-shirt and lunch ticket, get your street cleaning assignments and head out. Don't forget to wear sturdy clothing and shoes, put on that sunscreen and hat and bring a pair of work gloves, too.
After the clean-up, head down to Truckee River Regional Park at noon for a great town wide block party and Community Expo with live music, a free barbecue lunch for every volunteer and lots of great booths, exhibits and activities for all the children.
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Winter storms bring multiple feet of snow to Truckee-Tahoe region
- Virtual Reality at the Truckee Library