2014 ARTour kicks off this weekend at North Tahoe/Truckee
July 10, 2014
Several regional artists will once again open their studios to the public over the next two weekends for ARTour 2014.
This year, ARTour is celebrating its 21st year. The family friendly event provides a great opportunity to meet artists, witness the process, and see where art is created.
From watercolors, pastels, oils and acrylics, glass art and woodworking, to custom jewelry, photography, printmaking, ceramics and mixed media, there's something for everyone.
Participating studios are located along the shores of Lake Tahoe from Incline Village to Kings Beach, through Tahoe City and to the West Shore. More studios are just a quick drive away in Truckee.
Studios range from intimate painting alcoves to production woodworking shops and art glass studios filled with kilns, to museum-style galleries.
Free printed Tour Guides will be available at many local art galleries and retailers throughout the region, and at North Tahoe Arts in Tahoe City.
Recommended Stories For You
In all, 28 artists will open their studio doors from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. July 11-13 and July 18-20. Visit northtahoearts.com/arttour.html to learn more.
Trending In: Local
- February snowfall records fall at local resorts
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store