Abandoned campfire to blame for small weekend blaze at North Tahoe
June 3, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — The North Tahoe Fire Protection District responded with numerous units to a report of an abandoned campfire early Sunday morning in Kings Beach near Cutthroat Street.
A column of smoke could be seen, according to a North Tahoe Fire press release, and crews quickly extinguished the 20-by-30-foot ground fire. The U.S. Forest Service and Calfire also responded.
"North Tahoe Fire would like to remind the public that campfires are only allowed in approved campgrounds with a proper permit that allow campfires, and that all outside yard debris burning has ended due to a very dangerous fire conditions," officials said.
To learn more about how to stay safe during what North Tahoe Fire is calling a "never-ending fire season," visit http://www.ntfire.net.
Trending In: Local
- Churchill County defeats Truckee for 3A state championship (GALLERY)
- Council approval moves Grocery Outlet project forward in Truckee
- Truckee Town Council moves forward with McIver Dairy restoration
- Work to be done: Nevada County economic model is unsustainable
- Truckee Town Council race too tight to call