Alder Creek hosts honor band event
May 27, 2014
Alder Creek Middle School hosted the California Music Educators Association Region V Select Middle School Honor Band on April 25 and 26.
Students were selected to participate in this two event from Alder Creek Middle School, Incline Middle School, North Tahoe Middle School, Portola Junior/Senior High School, Quincy Junior/Senior High School, Greenville Junior/Senior High School, Indian Valley Academy and Chester Junior/Senior High School.
Theresa Smith of Truckee High School conducted the Select Honor Band, working with the students late into the night on Friday and all day on Saturday. Saturday evening parents and community members attended an extraordinary concert showcasing the students' hard work and talent. The concert featured New Era Fanfare (R.Standridge), Forest Brook Overture (E.Morales), Heartland (S. Hodges), Beyond The Darkness (J. Swearingen), and Sneak Attack (R. Saucedo).
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits