Annual pass available for Tahoe/Truckee-area state parks
February 22, 2015
TAHOE-TRUCKEE, Calif. — A Lake Tahoe-specific option is now being offered through California State Parks' annual park pass program.
The $75 pass includes unlimited admission to D.L. Bliss State Park, Ed Z'Berg Sugar Pine Point State Park, Emerald Bay State Park, Kings Beach State Recreation Area and Donner Memorial State Park for 12 months from the date of purchase, said Scott Elliott, a state parks superintendent.
"It gives people who use our Tahoe parks a more affordable price point, but still gives them day access from Donner to Bliss," he said.
The pass does not cover camping, oversized vehicle fees or fees such as tours and boat facilities, according to state parks.
Non-passholders are charged a $10 day-use vehicle parking fee at each of the five parks.
Created based on demand, the pass is available at store.parks.ca.gov/park-passes; state parks' Sierra District office at 7360 W. Lake Blvd., Tahoma; and Donner Memorial State Park, 12593 Donner Pass Road, Truckee.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1049 to learn more about the annual pass program, including other options.
Trending In: Local
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Truckee Donner Public Utility District (VIDEO)
- Developers plan workforce housing in downtown Truckee
- Police: Man confesses to killing girlfriend
- Culvert repair work to impact traffic on Highway 89 between Truckee, Squaw Valley