Bill Hudson appointed to Squaw Valley service district board
January 25, 2016
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — Squaw Valley native and Olympian Bill Hudson was recently appointed to the Squaw Valley Public Service District Board of Directors.
Hudson fills the seat vacated as a result of the death of former Director Brian Sheehan.
Hudson has worked at Sugar Bowl Ski Resort for the past 18 years, serving as Marketing Manager from 1997 to 2003, and currently as Director of Athletic Programs and Executive Director of the Sugar Bowl Ski Team and Academy.
The North Tahoe High School graduate continued his education at Dartmouth College before making the U.S. Ski Team and competing as a member of the World Cup team from 1987 to 1993, and as a member of the Olympic team for the 1988 Winter Games at Calgary, Alberta.
Hudson graduated from the University of Utah in 1994 with a degree in business and marketing. He is a founding board member of the High Fives Foundation and has been a director and Board President of the Excellence in Education Foundation as well as serving on the Executive Board of the Far West Ski Association.
Hudson lives in Squaw Valley with his wife, Kathrin and three children.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit svpsd.org to learn more about the district.
Trending In: Local
- Pair face drug, vehicle registration charges in Truckee after agreeing to search
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Truckee Donner Public Utility District (VIDEO)
- Developers plan workforce housing in downtown Truckee
- Culvert repair work to impact traffic on Highway 89 between Truckee, Squaw Valley
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: North Tahoe Public Utility District (VIDEO)