Blown transformer led to North Tahoe power outage Saturday
October 13, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — A few thousand North Tahoe homes and businesses were without power for several hours Saturday night due to a failed transformer, an official said.
Electricity went out in different neighborhoods in Incline Village and Crystal Bay at about 7:45 p.m. Saturday, and 3,632 customers lost power, NV Energy Spokesman Karl Walquist said Monday morning.
An overhead transformer attached to a power line pole at the 800 block of Lakeshore Boulevard failed, Walquist said.
Power was restored to all but three customers by 11:50 p.m.; those three — located near where the transformer blew — got electricity back by 7:45 a.m. Sunday, Walquist said.
As of Monday afternoon, NV Energy crews had not determined what caused the transformer to blow.
Trending In: Local
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Winter storms bring multiple feet of snow to Truckee-Tahoe region
- Virtual Reality at the Truckee Library