Blown transformer led to North Tahoe power outage Saturday
October 13, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — A few thousand North Tahoe homes and businesses were without power for several hours Saturday night due to a failed transformer, an official said.
Electricity went out in different neighborhoods in Incline Village and Crystal Bay at about 7:45 p.m. Saturday, and 3,632 customers lost power, NV Energy Spokesman Karl Walquist said Monday morning.
An overhead transformer attached to a power line pole at the 800 block of Lakeshore Boulevard failed, Walquist said.
Power was restored to all but three customers by 11:50 p.m.; those three — located near where the transformer blew — got electricity back by 7:45 a.m. Sunday, Walquist said.
As of Monday afternoon, NV Energy crews had not determined what caused the transformer to blow.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat