Bourgeois Gypsies will slide into Kentucky Mine and Museum
July 31, 2014
The Bourgeois Gypsies mix slow-burning, porch-setting music with poignant punk lullabies that make you tap your feet, clutch your heart and shake your head all at the same time.
Playing juke joints, festivals and smoky roadhouses across the country, the Gypsies are building their following. Their gig at the Kentucky Mine and Museum last summer, as part of the Music at the Mine concert series, established the group as a popular act at the amphitheater venue located in Sierra City.
The concert will be Saturday, Aug. 2, 7:30 p.m. A barbecue will be offered at $16 per person, starting at 6 p.m.
Concert tickets are $15 available at SierraCountyHistory.org through PayPal, or visit the Kentucky Mine Museum in Sierra City; the Graeagle Mill Works; Sierra Valley Feed & Ranch Supply in Sierraville; La Sierra Beauty Boutique in Downieville or the Golden West Saloon and Restaurant in Loyalton. Or you can purchase tickets at the door. For concert information call 530-862-1310.
Good food, a beautiful setting, and the bluesy riffs of the Bourgeois Gypsies make for an evening of complete enjoyment. Don't miss the fun!
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short