Burns near Tunnel Creek at Lake Tahoe planned
October 8, 2014
The Nevada Division of Forestry will conduct prescribed burns at Tunnel Creek in the Lake Tahoe Nevada Sate Park backcountry this month and November, weather permitting, the agency announced this week.
Tunnel Creek Road from Highway 28 to Tunnel Creek Station in Incline Village may be closed for the burns, according to a news release. Signs will be posted throughout the area where burns are happening. In all, 35 acres are expected to be burned in six areas.
The goal of the project is to create a healthier forest and make the area more resistant to wildfire, according to the state.
For information, contact the Nevada Division of Forestry at 775-684-2500.
Trending In: Local
- Historic Tahoe LakefrontÂ Home Sells for $10 Million
- Tahoe Housing Trouble Part 2: Employers cite housing for inability to find employees
- Truckee traffic report: Lane closures on I-80; State Route 89
- San Francisco woman dies near Purdon Crossing, Nevada County coroner says
- Man identified in vehicle, rock crawling fatality