Call to artists: Design a Truckee storm drain
February 5, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The town of Truckee is sponsoring an artist to design the concept and paint a storm drain, with the goal of showcasing storm drains that flow directly into the Truckee River.
According to a news release, the town would like to "provide a creative solution to inform residents to not dump anything down the storm drains, and to remind them doing so harms our natural environment."
The project will be held in two phases: submission and selection of design proposals; and painting of the storm drain.
The budget for the project will be $1,000, according to the town, which will cover the cost of buying materials, and remuneration for the artist.
The drain is located next to the new Brickeltown Project, at the corner of Donner Pass Road and Spring Street.
Submissions must be received by March 15 at 5 p.m. This is not a postmark deadline. No faxes, emails, or late entries will be accepted.
Recommended Stories For You
Mail or deliver material in one envelope to: Marine Dageville, Town of Truckee, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161.
Type the following URL int your web browser — tinyurl.com/ptabbfh — more about the project and parameters by which artists must follow.
Trending In: Local
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Water Bond could bring $350 million to the Sierra Nevada
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Truckee planning commissioners put hold on service center approval