Chief’s Corner: Chipping, defensible space services begin May 6
March 26, 2014
EDITOR'S NOTE: "Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is gearing up for defensible space evaluations, tree marking and chipping services for the 2014 season.
Defensible space evaluations and Chipping services will begin May 6, 2014. The Fire District will notify folks that have requested chipping services prior to visiting their homes.
Please note, it is mandatory that the checklist items on the Defensible Space Checklist are completed prior to obtaining a tree removal permit.
To request a defensible space evaluation or chipping service, please call 775/831-0351, ext. 8118 and leave your name, phone number, address and service requested. You may also sign up on-line by visiting http://www.nltfpd.net, go to "wildfire risk reduction," then "defensible space."
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Winter storms bring multiple feet of snow to Truckee-Tahoe region
- Virtual Reality at the Truckee Library