Chief’s Corner: Community Wildfire Protection Plan meeting coming
March 12, 2014
EDITOR'S NOTE: "Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is updating your community's Wildfire Protection Plan.
A Community Wildfire Protection Plan evaluates wildfire risk and determines prioritized actions a community can take to address that risk.
The more actions a community takes, the more fire adapted it becomes, and the more likely homes and property will be protected during a wildfire.
Join us at Incline Station (863 Tanager Street) on Sunday, March 23, at 11 a.m. to help us evaluate our progress toward becoming a Fire Adapted Community, and to provide your neighborhood's perspective on how we can work together to protect communities and safeguard the exceptional natural resources of Lake Tahoe.
Lunch will be provided. To RSVP please visit http://www.nltfpd.net or call 775-833-8129.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- French Meadows Restoration Project reaches final approval
- ‘A TOTAL DIFFERENT LIFETIME’: All-female grunge group ready to rock Art Truckee (VIDEO)
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- Last of Tahoe’s downhill resorts set to open this week