Chief’s Corner: Prescribed burning to begin soon in Incline Village
October 22, 2014
North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is gearing up to begin prescribed burn project work sometime during the next several weeks, throughout the fall and winter months, depending on weather conditions and local as well as regional resource availability.
The Fire District wants to assure residents that if any one of several conditions that must be met in order to conduct a controlled burn is not within prescription, the district will not move forward with the projected burn.
For folks who are smoke sensitive, we recommend shutting all doors and windows and remaining inside as much as possible until any lingering smoke has dissipated.
For further information, or to be added to the district's smoke sensitive notification list, please call the Fire District at 775-831-0351, ext. 0 to speak with someone in person or visit http://www.nltfpd.net.
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Local
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall