Chief’s Corner: Prescribed burning to begin soon in Incline Village
October 22, 2014
North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District is gearing up to begin prescribed burn project work sometime during the next several weeks, throughout the fall and winter months, depending on weather conditions and local as well as regional resource availability.
The Fire District wants to assure residents that if any one of several conditions that must be met in order to conduct a controlled burn is not within prescription, the district will not move forward with the projected burn.
For folks who are smoke sensitive, we recommend shutting all doors and windows and remaining inside as much as possible until any lingering smoke has dissipated.
For further information, or to be added to the district's smoke sensitive notification list, please call the Fire District at 775-831-0351, ext. 0 to speak with someone in person or visit http://www.nltfpd.net.
"Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
Trending In: Local
- Teen swims length of Lake Tahoe for charity
- FiftyFifty celebrates production facility grand opening in Truckee
- Truckee CERT team welcomes unlikely member
- McClintock backs out of proposed Tahoe debate, cites endorsement of opponent by event organizer
- Mountain Minds: Why Tahoe gets so much smoke (and how we can predict it)