Chief’s Corner: Wildland Urban Interface Conference coming soon
March 4, 2014
EDITOR'S NOTE: "Chief's Corner" is a regular feature in the North Lake Tahoe Bonanza from North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Chief Mike Brown, offering information, tips and education material on fire safety, emergency preparedness and other pertinent topics.
As an active stakeholder in the protection of our Wildland Urban Interface, the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District will be taking part in the 3-day International Association of Fire Chiefs WUI Conference at the Peppermill Resort in Reno from March 17-19.
There will be representatives from state and local governments, community planners and the like attending the conference. Attendees will be taking advantage of the many education tracks, hands-on exercises, and an exhibitor expo showcasing the latest in wildland gear and equipment, as well as the networking opportunities with colleagues who work in all facets of the WUI.
Staff from NLTFPD and I will be speaking at several of the classes and events taking place during the conference.
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit http://www.iafc.org/wui.
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Winter storms bring multiple feet of snow to Truckee-Tahoe region
- Virtual Reality at the Truckee Library