Cold weather postpones meeting on failed Tahoe road resurfacing project
June 17, 2016
TAHOMA, Calif. — An El Dorado County community meeting scheduled this week regarding the failed chip seal project on Lake Tahoe's West Shore has been postponed due to weather.
The meeting was to be held Thursday, June 16, from 6-8 p.m. at Marie Sluchak Community Park in Tahoma.
In a Thursday afternoon phone call, an official with El Dorado County said staff opted to postpone the meeting considering temperatures were projected to drop into the 40s by 6 p.m.
The meeting was planned to update the Tahoma and Rubicon communities on what's next in El Dorado County's efforts to correct the failed resurfacing issue.
As of Thursday, the meeting had not been rescheduled. Residents can call El Dorado County offices at 530-573-7930 with questions.
In the meantime, if you're a homeowner whose property has been damaged, you can visit edcgov.us//Risk to download a claim form, which is located under the "Liability Insurance" section.
Recommended Stories For You
Visit edcgov.us to learn more.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)