Comments on draft Truckee airport master plan due July 14
June 30, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The comment period for a document that will pilot future development at Truckee Tahoe Airport is coming to a close.
Public input on the airport district's draft master plan will be accepted through Monday, July 14. Visit http://www.ttadmasterplan.org to review the draft and submit comments.
On July 23, the district board will review the comments and amend the plan accordingly.
Focus areas include maintaining a high quality aviation facility; exploring options to enhance annoyance mitigation programs; managing and planning for growth of aviation facilities and resources; and enhancing community benefits and functions.
On Aug. 27, the board is scheduled to approve the master plan, and the California Environmental Quality Act process will start, which is anticipated to take six months.
Once the CEQA process is complete, the TTAD board will approve the complete master plan, which will serve as a planning tool, guiding enhancement and development of the airport until 2025.
Trending In: Local
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- February snowfall records fall at local resorts
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store