Debunking Lake Tahoe myths event set for Tuesday
March 20, 2015
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The UC Davis Tahoe Environmental Research Center is hosting an event called "Debunking Tahoe Myths, Accurate Answers" from 5-7 p.m. Tuesday, March 24, at the Tahoe Science Center in Incline Village.
According to a news release, at 6 p.m., Tahoe historian David Antonucci will "debunk the common myths and provide accurate answers to the most common questions about Lake Tahoe" in his presentation, "Fibs, Fakes and Falsehoods – Mistaken Tahoe."
As part of Tuesday's event, UC Davis is seeking public feedback on an evaluation of recently developed exhibits. In all, 100 people are needed during week of March 24-28 to give their input, according to UC Davis. Residents who attend Tuesday can sign up for a timeslot, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday's event is co-sponsored by the North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association, and serves as a mixer for the chamber.
The Tahoe Science Center is located at 291 Country Club Drive, on the campus of Sierra Nevada College. For information, call 775-881-7566 or visit tahoe.ucdavis.edu/events.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat