Dick Randall wraps up 16 years at Village Church
October 15, 2014
The Rev. Dr. Richard "Dick" Randall, co-pastor of The Village Church on McCourry in Incline Village, will be going on sabbatical at the end of October.
He and his wife, Mary Kay, will be moving to Washington State in anticipation of retirement in late 2015.
Pastor Randall began ministering in February of 1998 as the seventh pastor to serve in the church's 50-year history.
His season of serving as pastor has been marked with spiritual growth within the church, significant outreach activities and solid business practices.
The church's first international mission trip took place in partnership with YouthCompass going to Romania.
Since that first trip, teams have also gone to Albania and Croatia.
Recommended Stories For You
The Dental Mission ministry to the Dominican Republic began as well. The church's Christ-centered Christian Preschool program began during Pastor Randall's time at the church.
Sunday morning worship attendance grew significantly and worship became more relational and much less formal.
In 2012, a significant visioning study was conducted within the church. Through this process, it became apparent that the church had theological dissonance with their denomination at that time.
The denomination was following culture more than Scripture particularly when it came to Jesus Christ and salvation.
As a result of this dissonance and after much prayer, study and many congregational meetings, with Pastor Randall's leadership, the church sought dismissal from the Presbyterian Church (USA) and became affiliated with ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians.
The congregation voted for this change by over 98 percent and this was effectuated in September of 2013.
Mary Kay and Pastor Randall are looking forward to their sabbatical season and the opportunity to spend more time with grandchildren, family and friends in Washington and beyond.
They are also excited to see what ministry opportunities the Lord may present to them in the future.
The Rev. Jeffrey Ogden recently joined The Village Church and will assume full-time pastor duties.
This article was submitted to the Bonanza by The Village Church. Services are on Sunday mornings at 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Learn more by visiting inclinechurch.org or calling 775-831-0784.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million