Dog Days of Fall to make Saturday splash at Lake Tahoe
October 9, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Dogs of every shape, color and size are invited to take a dip in the Burnt Cedar Pool (or just socialize) on Saturday, Oct. 11, from 10 a.m. to noon for Incline's Dog Days of Fall.
Incline Village Parks & Recreation and Pet Network Humane Society have hosted this annual canine pool party since 2007. Fun contests and awards include: Best Costume, Owner Look-A-Like, Show Stopper (gorgeous), So Unforgettable (best personality), Best Trick, Fastest Swimmer, Musical Sit, and, of course, Wildest Belly Flop. Top dogs will be recognized.
"This event is more fun than Christmas," said Mistress of Ceremonies Micki Napp. "It is a once-a-year chance for your four-legged family members to play in the pool. Wet or dry, your dog will have a blast at this popular community event, so don't miss out."
RULES OF PLAY
1. Arrive with your dog on a leash and go directly to the Registration Desk to complete paperwork regarding vaccines. Once inside the pool area, you may remove the leash, assuming your dog responds to voice commands. Please keep an eye on your dog at all times.
2. Be sure your dog knows how to get out the pool. If your dog cannot use the ladder or find the stairs, you need to pull the dog from the pool which can be very difficult when the dog is wet, slippery and heavy.
Recommended Stories For You
3. No "Brown Outs." Each owner is responsible for Poop Patrol. Bags will be provided.
4. Vaccines must be current. Only healthy dogs should participate.
5. Because play can be rowdy, puppies and fragile dogs are safest close to owners. AGGRESSIVE DOGS ARE NOT WELCOME AND WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
6. Although dogs are invited to use the pool, the Burnt Cedar Beach is off limits.
7. Due to the potential rowdy play of the dogs, small children are at risk. Parents are advised to watch and protect their young ones.