Election 2016: North Shore candidate forum set for Tahoe City
September 7, 2016
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Rotary Club of Tahoe City is sponsoring a candidate forum for the upcoming Nov. 8 election for a quartet of boards upon which Tahoe City/North Shore residents will vote.
The forum is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 4, at 6 p.m., taking place at the Tahoe City PUD building at 221 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City.
Four local districts will be represented; those candidates will present their views and answer questions that may be anonymously presented, according to the rotary club. The districts participating in the order of their presentation are:
Tahoe City Public Utility District: 4 candidates for three open seats.
North Tahoe Public Utility District: 4 candidates for three open seats.
Truckee Tahoe Airport District: 4 candidates for three open seats.
Recommended Stories For You
Tahoe Forrest Hospital District: 3 candidates for 2 open seats.
Visit tahoecityrotary.org to learn more about the Rotary Club of Tahoe City.
In other election 2016 news
Dr. Bob Derlet will be making a campaign stop in Truckee on Thursday, Sept. 8, at 4 p.m. According to a news release, his entourage will cycle in from Tahoe City for a meet-and-greet at Wild Cherries Coffee House, 11429 Donner Pass Road, Truckee
Dr. Derlet is the Democratic candidate for Congress is California District 4, which runs from Truckee all the way to Yosemite, and includes 10 counties. The tour is called the "Ten to Win Tour." Visit derletforcongress.com to learn more.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe