Election 2016: Truckee candidate, tax measure forums scheduled
August 31, 2016
The Truckee Chamber of Commerce, Contractors Association of Truckee Tahoe Political Action Committee (CATT-PAC) and Tahoe Sierra Board of Realtors have teamed up with Truckee Tahoe Community Television, Sierra Sun and Moonshine Ink to provide two candidate forums aimed at enhancing voter education and participation in the upcoming election.
Both forums will take place from 6-8 p.m. Sept. 14 and 15 at Truckee Town Hall Council Chambers at 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
The forums will be broadcast live on TTCTV-Channel 18, and streamed online at ttctv.org and rerun frequently until the November 8 general election. The candidates will not only answer live audience questions, but will also answer questions submitted in advance.
The Sept. 14 forum will feature the Truckee Fire Protection District Board of Directors candidates and the Tahoe Forest Hospital District Board of Directors candidates.
There are two seats open in the Truckee Fire race for a four-year term. Three candidates are vying for the two seats. The Tahoe Forest race has two seats open for the four-year term, with three candidates running. Also on the schedule that evening will be a pro/con debate for the Measure A — the Nevada County Libraries Tax Measure.
The Sept. 15 forum will focus on the Truckee Donner Public Utility District and the Truckee Tahoe Airport District board races.
Recommended Stories For You
There are three seats open for the Truckee Donner PUD four-year term and four candidates running. The airport district has three seats open for the four-year term, with four candidates running.
Residents can email questions to the Truckee Chamber of Commerce in advance of the forums. Send questions to CarlaEmbertson@gmail.com. Please put "Candidate Forum Question" in the subject line.
Questions will be submitted to the panel anonymously. The deadline for emailed questions is the day before each forum. Members of the Sierra Sun and Moonshine Ink staffs will present the questions to the panel of candidates and tax measure speakers. Questions asked may be a compilation of questions received on a given topic.
For more information, contact Embertson at the Truckee Chamber of Commerce at 530-587-8808.
Visit placerelections.com to read about local elections and for a full list of candidates in Placer County.
Visit mynevadacounty.com/nc/elections for the same in Nevada County.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million