Faith Factor | John Nilsen to bring contemporary, meditative folk music to Tahoe Truckee
October 1, 2014
Internationally known recording artist John Nilsen will be play at Church of the Mountains on Friday, Oct. 3 and in Kings Beach at the United Methodist Church Saturday, Oct. 4. Both shows begin at 7 p.m.
Nilsen has appeared with such luminaries as Jose Feliciano, Jesse Colin Young, Kenny G, Alex De Grassi and David Foster. His recordings are featured on over 40 musical collections and samplers throughout the globe, including a Rhino Records Sampler. Extensive radio play furthers Nilsen's ever-growing audience. As Chicago radio personality Rick O'Dell observes, "John is one of our show's most requested and talked about artists."
A native of the Pacific Northwest, Nilsen has appeared in major concert halls, but revels in the more intimate settings of smaller venues.
"As a performer, I like exploring beyond the boundaries of my recorded songs. It gives me the chance to offer something special, spontaneous and personal to my audience," he said. This is Nilsen's second visit to Church of the Mountains.
The venue size has the added benefit of a true connection with the audience. Before and after the one-hour concert CD's will be available for purchase. The concert is free with good-will donations accepted.
Visit http://www.churchofthemountains.com or call 530-587-4407 for more information.
Recommended Stories For You
Church of the Mountains United Methodist Church is located at 10069 Church St. in Truckee. The United Methodist Church is located at 8425 Dolly Varden Ave., Kings Beach, call 530-546-2290.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe