Final fall Community Soup Night set for Tuesday
November 16, 2014
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Calif. — The last Community Soup Night of the fall series is scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 18, at Mamasake in the Village at Squaw Valley.
Soup Night — put on by nonrofits Tahoe Food Hub and Slow Food Lake Tahoe — brings the community together to enjoy a savory and affordably priced meal made from fresh, sustainably grown ingredients.
Chef Elsa Corrigan at Mamasake will have you smiling with her carrot-ginger and quinoa soup and an optional Asian bacon crumble.
The event lasts from 6-7:30 p.m. It's only $5 for soup and bread, plus there will be live music by Ann Marie Sheridan and Caddywhampus Band, and a raffle with great prizes at both events. Get a kale salad for just $2 more.
Other food & drinks are available for purchase. No reservations are required. Visit tahoefoodhub.org or slowfoodalketahoe.org for more information.
Trending In: Local
- Flash Mob carries on despite dumping snow in Truckee
- February snowfall records fall at local resorts
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe