First prescribed burn of season for Incline set for Thursday
November 5, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — A prescribed burn in the 2nd Creek drainage is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 6, weather conditions permitting, according to the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District.
The project is north of Saddlehorn Drive and will encompass roughly 12 acres on IVGID land.
"Smoke resulting from the understory burn will affect the surrounding areas for approximately 24 hours," the district said in a press release. "People who are smoke sensitive are advised to please stay inside and close their windows and doors as much as possible until the smoke dissipates."
For information, or to be added to the district's smoke sensitive notification list, call 775-831-0351, ext. 0, or visit http://www.nltfpd.net.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Fit, new fitness studio, to open in Tahoe City
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Truckee council increases in-lieu housing fee for developers
- Nevada County Elections: Klovstad, Goodwin, Polivy win Truckee Town Council seats
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer