Fundraiser under way to help Truckee paraplegic with medical bills
November 13, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — In this month of giving thanks for all our good fortunes, it is a wonderful time to open our hearts to those who are less fortunate.
Erika Carrijo, a local Truckee woman who attended Truckee High in the late '90s, worked and lived in both Truckee and the Sierra foothills.
On July 5, 2014, while three months pregnant, Erika was gravely injured in an automobile accident in Brazil that left her paraplegic.
Miraculously, her baby survived the accident and a six-hour spinal surgery. Erika and baby are in need of costly medical treatments and are in financial distress.
Consider a donation to Erika and baby — it would enormously brighten their Thanksgiving and future. It is in the difficult times that we see the true power of community.
Friends and family of Erika are taking fundraising efforts online through a growing trend called "Crowdfunding," and have set up a fundraising page called "Let's Lift Erika" at GiveForward.com. For more information on Erika and the fundraiser, please visit http://gfwd.at/1yZRy3S.
Recommended Stories For You
GiveForward is a secure website and is No. 1 on the Forbes list for medical fundraising online. Donations can also be made at any Plumas Bank, on behalf of "Erika Carrijo."
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project