Get your Tahoe, Truckee tax return prepared for free
February 24, 2015
TRUCKEE, Calif. — There is still time to get your tax returns prepared for free.
AARP volunteers are preparing tax returns in Truckee and Kings Beach for no charge to clients. The program focuses on seniors and low- to moderate-income taxpayers.
Services are being provided at the Truckee Donner Public Utility District in Truckee, and at the Family Resource Center in Kings Beach. Spanish language translation services are available at both sites.
In Truckee, walk-ins are welcome from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the following dates: Feb. 28; March 6, 14, 20, 28; and April 3, 11. The address is 11570 Donner Pass Road, and parking is on the street only.
In Kings Beach, appointments will be taken for the following dates: March 4, 11, 18, 25; and April 1, 8, 15. Call 530-546-0952 for an appointment. The address is 265 Bear St.
For information, visit aarp.org/taxaide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)