Grant helps fire district buy extrication equipment
August 14, 2013
This spring, the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District purchased new vehicle extrication tools through grant funds awarded to the district through the Nevada Office of Traffic Safety's Zero Fatalities Program.
The Zero Fatalities Program utilizes the Nevada Strategic Highway Safety Plan (zerofatalitiesnevada.com) to educate citizens and increase awareness regarding safe driving practices in an effort to reduce fatalities and serious injuries on all Nevada public roads.
The $19,389 grant funds helped purchase four new vehicle extrication tools that have twice the cutting power as the tools they replaced (for example, 120,000 pounds vs. 60,000 pounds).
All online responders have received training on the new tools and they are in service.
This article was provided by the North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)