Guests flock to Kings Beach July 3rd celebration
July 6, 2018
Getting a head start on the Fourth of July festivities, Kings Beach celebrated its 39th annual July 3 Fireworks and Beach Party on Wednesday.
From 7 to 10 p.m. the Kings Beach State Recreation Area was packed with visitors and residents to kick off an early independence day celebration.
Guests enjoyed food from local vendors, a beer and wine garden and performances by the San Diego Marines Double-Time Brass Band.
At 9:30 p.m. guests crowded every inch of the beaches to get a view of the firework show.
For nearly half an hour red, white and blue colored explosions lit up the sky, bringing the crowd to a roaring cheer at the end.
Hannah Jones is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at email@example.com or 530-550-2652.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Chief’s Corner: How to stay on the road, and safe, this winter
- 24 inches in 24 hours: Winter storm wreaks havoc on Truckee roadways
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million