Guests flock to Kings Beach July 3rd celebration
July 6, 2018
Getting a head start on the Fourth of July festivities, Kings Beach celebrated its 39th annual July 3 Fireworks and Beach Party on Wednesday.
From 7 to 10 p.m. the Kings Beach State Recreation Area was packed with visitors and residents to kick off an early independence day celebration.
Guests enjoyed food from local vendors, a beer and wine garden and performances by the San Diego Marines Double-Time Brass Band.
At 9:30 p.m. guests crowded every inch of the beaches to get a view of the firework show.
For nearly half an hour red, white and blue colored explosions lit up the sky, bringing the crowd to a roaring cheer at the end.
Hannah Jones is a reporter for the Sierra Sun. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-550-2652.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Reno-Tahoe out of running to host 2030 Winter Olympic Games
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring