Hogs for the Cause Q&A with Chef Chris Montero
August 26, 2017
Chef Name: Chris Montero
Restaurant Name: Napoleon House
Where are you from originally?
Born and raised in New Orleans, eighth generation of Spanish descent.
How would your best customer describe your food?
Classic Creole with heavy doses of regional Italian influence.
Recommended Stories For You
What's your favorite ingredient/flavor this season?
I'm for some reason stuck on vinegars, and all of their variables.
What food do you see trending right now?
House made condiments.
Is there an ingredient or particular flavor that you disliked as a child that you love cooking with now?
Yes, liver and offal. As a child, I had a harrowing experience with beef liver and rejected any and all forms and varieties. Of course, as an adult I've come to love many types of liver and organ meat, but still do not eat beef liver.
What's your favorite comfort food (not necessarily on your menu)?
If you could choose, what would be your last meal on earth?
The ultimate crawfish boil.
What do you love about food?
The smile it can evoke says it all!
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat