Hogs for the Cause Q&A with Chef Mike Brewer
August 26, 2017
Chef's Name: Mike Brewer
Restaurant Name: The Riverview Room
Where are you from originally?
How would your best customer describe your food?
Playful and irreverent, and hopefully, "Pretty good!"
Recommended Stories For You
What's your favorite ingredient/flavor this season?
Summer vegetables and fresh seafood. It's crab season in Louisiana, and I love all forms!
What food do you see trending right now?
Pickles. melons, vegetables, seafood; anything you can soak in vinegar.
Is there an ingredient or particular flavor that you disliked as a child that you love cooking with now?
Tomatoes. My dad told me it was an apple, so I took a huge bite — not so much. Now, I use them almost as much as salt.
What's your favorite comfort food (not necessarily on your menu)?
Perfectly cooked eggs. It sounds so simple, but so many people screw them up.
If you could choose, what would be your last meal on earth?
Five courses with Thomas Keller, Charlie Trotter, and Alain Duccase with the perfect wine pairings. I know Trotter passed away several years ago, but it is my last meal after all!
What do you love about food?
The way it brings people from all walks of life together where they forget about the world and enjoy time together.
Trending In: Local
- Town of Truckee: Taking over library might not be feasible
- February snowfall records fall at local resorts
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store