Jury selection in Truckee child sex case starts Wednesday
March 6, 2018
Jury selection in a Truckee child sex trial is scheduled to begin today, Nevada County Superior Court records state.
Jeremy William Dedeker, 42, faces two counts of lewd act upon a child and one count each of continuous sexual abuse, sex/sodomy with a child under 10, oral copulation/sexual penetration with a child under 10, forcible lewd act upon a child and sodomy of a person under 14 who is more than 10 years younger than the defendant, records state.
Court documents allege that Dedeker had access to a child between January 2009 and April 2016. Authorities filed charges against him in May 2016.
Dedeker is out on bond, Deputy District Attorney Jesse Wilson said.
According to Wilson, jury selection is expected to last through Friday. Prosecutors would call their first witness Monday.
— Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)