KB Core project update meeting scheduled
August 13, 2013
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — An update to the Highway 28 project in Kings Beach is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 4, at the North Tahoe Event Center.
Residents will hear updates — including anticipated start of construction — to the Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project from officials from the construction management team and Placer County Department of Public Works.
A Q-and-A period will follow the presentation, according to a press release.
Utility relocation road work in preparation of the project's main work has occurred along the highway and in the adjacent neighborhood grid this summer. This work is expected to finish in the coming weeks, officials said.
The $48 million commercial core project is a multi-phase venture to upgrade a 1.1-mile section of Highway 28 through downtown. It will reconfigure the stretch of highway into a three-lane roadway with two roundabouts, and sidewalks, bike lanes and other streetscape features will be constructed.
For more information, visit http://www.KingsBeachCore.info.
Trending In: Local
- UPDATE: Body found in Truckee River near Hwy 267 bypass bridge
- Truckee-Tahoe resort community to add 16 new luxury homes in Old Greenwood
- A longer Legacy: Truckee council looks to expand trail
- VIDEO: Alpine coaster debuts at Tahoe’s Heavenly summer adventure park
- Street repaving to begin in coming weeks