Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible by Wednesday night
November 20, 2013
LAKE TAHOE — As much as 1 foot of snow is possible in higher-elevation areas around Truckee/Tahoe by Wednesday evening, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
A winter weather advisory will be in effect from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday. Six to 12 inches of snow is possible above 7,000 feet, with up to four inches likely at lake level.
Snow levels will begin up high before falling below 7,000 feet during the late evening Wednesday, according to NWS.
Snow tire and chain restrictions are likely along most Sierra highways, including Interstate 80, U.S. Highway 50 and state routes 431, 267, 89 and 28.
For a guide to safe driving during wintry conditions, click here.
Trending In: Local
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Water Bond could bring $350 million to the Sierra Nevada
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan
- Now boarding: 5 candidates vie for Truckee Tahoe Airport Board (VIDEO)