Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible by Wednesday night
November 20, 2013
LAKE TAHOE — As much as 1 foot of snow is possible in higher-elevation areas around Truckee/Tahoe by Wednesday evening, according to the National Weather Service in Reno.
A winter weather advisory will be in effect from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday. Six to 12 inches of snow is possible above 7,000 feet, with up to four inches likely at lake level.
Snow levels will begin up high before falling below 7,000 feet during the late evening Wednesday, according to NWS.
Snow tire and chain restrictions are likely along most Sierra highways, including Interstate 80, U.S. Highway 50 and state routes 431, 267, 89 and 28.
For a guide to safe driving during wintry conditions, click here.
Trending In: Local
- Winter storm warning in effect for Truckee-Tahoe area
- Truckee Donner Land Trust, Squaw Valley Public Service District to buy piece of Olympic Valley
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Sun Snapshots: Northstar ice rink covered in snow
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)