Letter to the Editor: Empty Bowls not void of great people, donations
May 28, 2014
The Empty Bowls Committee would like to thank everyone who participated in Empty Bowls at Sierra Nevada College on May 1st.
The ceramic bowls created by Incline Middle School, Incline High School, Sierra Nevada College and Lake Tahoe School art students and their instructors were beautifully crafted and brought in over $2,200 in donations.
The delicious soup was prepared and donated by Aaron Zedner of Sedexo and Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe. The bread was very generously donated by Truckee Sourdough Company.
A special thanks to all of the volunteers who made this event so successful: Leslie Martin, cashiers Dave Mausshardt, Leslie Graffis and Toni Langsfeld, and JROTC, National Honor Society and SNC students who helped set up and clean up.
This event would not have been successful without you, our community members and friends. Your donations will provide 35 boxes of non-perishable food, 30 family meals for local distribution, and two days of delivered meals to seniors.
Mary Gilbert, Rick Parsons, Ann Clark, Alison Lee, Flor Widmar
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing
- Reno-Tahoe out of running to host 2030 Winter Olympic Games
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council