Letter to the Editor: Vote no on education initiative
August 27, 2014
Dear Fellow Nevadans,
Real impacts from the proposed Education Initiative.
Would you feel a tax which forced you to borrow money to pay the taxes was fair, because you did not have enough take home pay? In many businesses, "Gross Income" and "Cash Flow" are vastly different, and borrowing would be necessary. There is no current Federal or State Tax which is so egregious.
Would you think it fair if you were taxed, even if you had little or no take home pay? The Education Initiative does!
If your take home pay was $2,000 per month, would you think that a tax of $1,000 per month was unjust? Would this have a negative impact on your ability to care for your family? The Education Initiative asks this of some businesses.
Businesses will cut expenses, raise prices, reduce jobs and reduce future pay increases because of this tax.
Recommended Stories For You
Businesses looking to relocate to Nevada will look elsewhere.
Every Nevada citizen will pay more for all goods and services.
There is no guarantee the tax revenue will increase school budgets.
The Education Initiative is a poorly thought out damaging tax. Vote NO on the Education Initiative.
President, RW Group
Trending In: Local
- BREAKING NEWS: Officials: Shooting reported in Tahoe City
- Storms continue to sweep through the Sierra, piling up snow in Truckee-Tahoe
- Storm update: I-80 reopened after more than 3 feet falls in Sierra
- UPDATE: Court rules in favor of construction of Raley’s Grocery store
- THE SUN NOW: Live coverage from the newsroom (Live Scanner)