Meet ‘Family Ganong’ at Good Morning Truckee
October 9, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Meet Travis Ganong, World Cup alpine ski racer and 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics U.S. Olympian and his family, Dr. Rick Ganong and Janice Ganong, at the Oct. 14 Good Morning Truckee. Called "the future of U.S. downhill skiing," Travis finished fifth in Sochi, a mere .41 seconds behind the winning time. Hear about the career and experiences of a world-class competitor.
Dr. Rick Ganong has traveled to Europe as physician to the U.S. Ski team and will share his adventures.
Attendees will also be treated to a showing of the "Elevate Tahoe" film, exploring innovations to creating a sustainable food system at 6,000 feet. Collaborators and producers Mayumi Elegado, Moonshine Ink; and Stacy Caldwell, Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation will introduce the film, the inspiration behind the project, and talk about this Tahoe-Truckee food revolution that is elevating.
The film focuses on a range of innovations. Viewers will walk away feeling inspired, with a cornucopia of new knowledge and perspectives about food and how to incorporate the information into their own lives.
Good Morning Truckee is open to the public — everyone is invited. It is held the second Tuesday of every month at Truckee Tahoe Airport from 7-8:30 a.m. Price at the door for general public is $12; Truckee Donner Chamber members $10 and includes a continental breakfast and raffle.
Good Morning Truckee is presented by the Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce in partnership with sponsors Tri Counties Bank, The Office BOSS, the Sierra Sun, 101.5FM Truckee Tahoe Radio, Truckee Tahoe Airport District, the town of Truckee, and Chef Ron Allen. Additional sponsorships opportunities are available.
Recommended Stories For You
Good Morning Truckee is a community forum to provide timely and relevant information on a variety of topics and create a networking opportunity.
Trending In: Local
- Packing a punch: Sierra snowpack gets big boost from season’s biggest storm (so far)
- Truckee fire truck stolen, crashed in Tahoe City
- West End Coffee and Tap plans moving forward in Truckee
- Two women sit on Placer County Board of Supervisors for first time in history
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Update: Truckee police actively working case involving suspect with a firearm in Glenshire area
- Update: National Weather Service issues blizzard warning for Truckee-Tahoe area; chain controls in place on I-80
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Cessna does tail-stand at Truckee Tahoe Airport
- Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe sells for $120 million