Meet Lake Tahoe’s newest Eagle
August 28, 2014
Tahoe City Troop 266 Scoutmaster Melinda Barton congratulates Dominic Antonucci on his achievement of the challenging rank of Eagle Scout. Only 3 percent of all scouts achieve the top rank of Eagle. Antonucci was elevated to Eagle Scout on Aug. 11, after seven years of scouting.
To qualify, Antonucci completed 24 merit badges, including citizenship, environmental science, wilderness survival and robotics. As part of his Eagle requirements, he organized and lead volunteer restoration of the cross-country running trails at North Tahoe High School. Antonucci is the son of David and Jenny Antonucci of Tahoma and is currently a freshmen engineering major at Cuesta College.
Troop 266 is open to all boys at least 11 years of age and is sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of North Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short