Monday meeting in Truckee to focus on crowdfunding do’s and don’ts
August 2, 2016
Tahoe Silicon Mountain next week will host Casey Sibley to present: "Be a Crowdfunding Success: An Alternative Way to Raise Capital for Small Business Owners."
"Crowdfunding is becoming a popular small business funding alternative to boot-strapping, self-funding, or applying for a small business loan," according to a statement from TSM.
Casey Sibley, owner and designer at Casey D. Sibley Art + Design — a Reno-based studio specializing in hand-painted and digitally printed textiles — will talk about how she planned, built and launched a Kickstarter campaign to raise $10,000 to expand her business.
According to TSM, Sibley will discuss how, with both a limited budget and social reach, she was able to pull off a successful Kickstarter campaign. You can learn more about Sibley and her business here: caseydsibley.com.
The Monday, Aug. 8, meeting is set for 6-8 p.m. at Pizza on the Hill in Tahoe Donner at 11509 Northwoods Blvd., Truckee. A $5 fee includes pizza and salad.
The event will also be livestreamed and available online as it happens on YouTube: bit.ly/YouTubeTSM. Visit TahoeSiliconMountain.com to learn more.
Trending In: Local
- North Tahoe High School celebrates 64 students earning diplomas
- Lost hiker rescued in Desolation Wilderness shows importance of being prepared
- UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe PD asking for public’s help IDing suspect in deadly shooting
- Bicyclist dead after being struck by vehicle on State Route 89
- Truckee bridge construction taking off in Tahoe City