More than 70 children to perform Sound of Music, Mary Poppins numbers
June 12, 2015
Kids from Tahoe and Truckee have been practicing for months to dazzle local audiences before every performance of Truckee Community Theater's "The King and I."
The first weekend of shows on June 5-7 will present 41 kids, ages 5 through 8, in a short medley of songs from "The Sound of Music." The second weekend, June 12-14, will feature 30 kids, ages 9 through 14, performing a medley of favorites from "Mary Poppins."
"These preshows are fully costumed and staged with lights and sets, and are sure to delight all audience members," said the shows' director, Courtney Simson. "In this way, the talents of our youngest local actors can be showcased with many singing and dancing solos."
Both preshows will also star talented a few talented adults in key roles. Tickets are $25 for adults and $20 for children to "The King and I," which include the preshow.
There are four evening performances at the Community Arts Center in downtown Truckee — June 5-6 and June 12-13 at 7 p.m. — and four matinees on June 6-7 and June 13-14 at 2 p.m.
They may be purchased at truckeecommunitytheater.com, or at the door, if still available, one half hour before show time.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe ski patrollers rally support for Amy Holland, a ‘powerhouse with the fiercest determination’ diagnosed with brain cancer
- Tahoe local to showcase talents on TV’s The Great American Baking Show
- New Community Park Planned for Downtown Truckee
- Truckee receives Caltrans award for Mousehole project
- Tahoe Donner Downhill Ski Resort celebrates season opener with new triple chairlift (VIDEO)