North Tahoe crime logs, Feb. 12-24
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — Below are select incidents from the Placer County Sheriff’s Office press log for Feb. 12-24
• At 5:30am on the 1000 Block of Commonwealth Drive in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for drunk in public.
• At 9:30am on Highway 28 at Speedboat Avenue in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for public intoxication when found stumbling in the roadway.
• At 2:00pm on the 1900 Block of Squaw Valley Road in Olympic Valley, victim discovered his stolen skis were listed on Craigslist. The victim met the suspect and recovered his own skis. Charges to be filed.
• At 3:30pm in Paige Meadows, a female was located after being lost for hours in the area.
• At 1:00am on the 200 Block of Fairway Drive in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested for drunk in public.
• At 8:45am on the 200 Block of Beaver Street in Kings Beach, a female subject was arrested for an outstanding Placer County warrant.
• At 12:00pm on the 3000 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested for beating his puppy dog on several occasions. The subject was found to be in possession of controlled substance.
• At 6:30pm on West Lake Boulevard in Homewood, a male subject was arrested public drunkenness.
• Sometimes in the past month on the 300 Pino Grande in Tahoe Vista Avenue in Tahoe Vista, an unknown suspect broke into residence and removed $3000 worth of items.
• At 1:00pm on 1800 Block of west Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a female causing disturbance in a business was arrested for public intoxication.
• At 12:00pm on Park Lane in Kings Beach, a victim bought a vehicle over the phone/email from an alleged dealership out of state. The victim paid the suspect
• $7000 for the car, which was never delivered as promised.
• At 9:30pm on Highway 40 at Mt. Judah, during a routine traffic stop, a subject was arrested for possession and sales of controlled substances.
• At 9:00am on the 100 Block of River Road in Tahoe City, a male subject was arrested on an outstanding warrant out of Placer County.
• At 8:00am on Highway 28 at Highway 267 in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for an outstanding Placer County warrant.
• At 11:00pm on the 800 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Tahoe City, a male subject was found passed out in the bus stop and was taken into protective custody for public intoxication.
• At 2:00am on Trout Avenue at Coon Street in Kings Beach, a male subject was arrested for public intoxication.
• At 10:30am on the 8700 Block of North Lake Boulevard in Kings Beach, 3 subjects were arrested when it was discovered they were in possession of a stolen motorcycle, a trailer with 2 snowmobiles, burglary tools and controlled substances.
• At 10:00pm in the Sheriff’s Office in Tahoe City, a subject flew all the way from the East Coast to turn himself in for a misdemeanor warrant. He was cited and released.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Lake Tahoe, Truckee, and beyond make the Sierra Sun's work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.