North Tahoe highway overhaul schedule to be released next week
March 5, 2014
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — A firm Kings Beach "Core of the Core" construction schedule will be released at a meeting next week, Placer County officials announced Monday.
Officials will reveal project details and answer questions at an open house from 4 to 7 p.m., Wednesday, March 12, at the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach. No formal presentation will be given.
According to a Placer County Department of Public Works statement last month, construction work could begin as early as May 1, weather permitting.
The Core of the Core — which is expected to take at least two construction seasons — is the first phase in the two-phased Kings Beach Commercial Core Improvement Project, an initiative to upgrade and improve a 1.1-mile section of Highway 28 through Kings Beach.
The project aims to improve pedestrian and bike access and the aesthetics and feel of downtown. Full project completion is not expected to until at least 2017.
For more project information, visit http://www.kingsbeachcore.info.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits