North Tahoe PUD hires temporary general counsel
March 12, 2015
KINGS BEACH, Calif. — The North Tahoe Public Utility District has hired a temp attorney to handle legal matters while it searches for a new general counsel.
In a 3-2 vote Tuesday, the NTPUD board of directors approved an agreement with Andrew Morris, who serves as attorney for the towns of Truckee and Mammoth Lakes.
Directors Sue Daniels and Tim Ferrell voted against.
Morris will be paid $221 an hour, said NTPUD interim general manager/CEO Duane Whitelaw.
The district plans to solicit applications for a permanent general counsel, he said. The district hopes to hire one in the next 60 to 90 days.
Late last year, the board unanimously voted to recruit a new lead counsel, a position held by Neil Eskind since July 1975. Eskind has continued to work with the district, completing projects and cases as needed.
Recommended Stories For You
With Morris' hiring, the district will be able to "wind down" Eskind's workload, Whitelaw said.
In related news, the board last week appointed Daniel J. Coyle of Sacramento-based Delfino Madden O'Malley Coyle Koewler, LLP as the district's new labor counsel.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County prosecutor: Victim’s blood found on Joseph Ward’s boots
- Two dead, one critically injured in Truckee airplane crash
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Grocery stores back on table for Truckee Town Council
- Truckee Town Council looks to restore McIver Dairy property