North Tahoe winter parking restrictions now in effect
November 8, 2018
Winter parking restrictions around the greater North Lake Tahoe area are in effect until May 1, 2019.
Parking along roadway shoulders during this time is prohibited.
Compliance will help avoid damage to parked vehicles as well as snow removal equipment and will prevent delays to snow removal operations. County officials stress the importance of adhering to these restrictions even during mild weather as snow maintenance operations may still be taking place.
When parking in downtown areas, visitors are encouraged to use designated public parking lots. County officials also advise renters with vacation homes to alert their tenants of seasonal parking restrictions.
Illegally parked vehicles may be ticketed and fined or towed, if necessary.
Trending In: Local
- Storms return to Truckee-Tahoe this week
- Future of Gray’s Crossing development up in limbo
- Man killed walking into oncoming traffic on Interstate 80
- Truckee-based FiftyFifty to open 9,000 sq. ft. brewery in Reno Public Market in 2020
- Open season (even longer): Lake Tahoe resorts extend operations following record February snowfall