‘Of Dirt and Tar’ reading to honor National Poetry Month
March 27, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Join a free community event in honor of National Poetry Month with poet June Sylvester Saraceno.
She will read from her newly released book of poetry, "Of Dirt and Tar," on Friday, April 4, 6-7 p.m. at Sierra College Tahoe-Truckee campus.
June Sylvester Saraceno is author of "Altars of Ordinary Light," and a chapbook of prose poems "Mean Girl Trips," in addition to her latest collection of "Dirt and Tar." She received her MFA in Creative Writing from Bowling Green State University
Currently, she is English Program Chair at Sierra Nevada College where she directs the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Creative Writing and is faculty in the low-residency MFA program. She is founding editor of the Sierra Nevada Review.
Her work has appeared in Mead Magazine, Smartish Pace, Southwestern American Literature, Tar River Poetry, Word Riot and many other journals and anthologies.
Read more here.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe Mountain Club set to close in February
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- Vail Resorts gives $1.9M to Truckee, South Lake Tahoe nonprofits
- Sierra cinema: Tahoe-Truckee has been the setting for 100 years of feature film
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short