PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
September 21, 2016
SPOONER SUMMIT, Nev. — Regional fire crews put out a small brush fire that sparked Tuesday afternoon near Spooner Lake, located a few miles east of Lake Tahoe.
According to the Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District, the fire was reported at about 4:20 p.m., and crews from the U.S. Forest Service and Sierra Front dispatch also responded.
The fire was contained at roughly a half-care by about 8 p.m. Tuesday, according to Sierra Front, thanks to the assistance of helicopter dipping water from Spooner Lake and a super scooper-type aircraft dropping white and red retardant on the area.
No one was hurt in the incident.
As fall approaches, Tahoe-area residents and visitors are urged to continue taking wildfire-prevention measures and being safe in the wilderness. Visit tahoe.livingwithfire.info to learn more on how to do this.
Trending In: Local
- Proposed ice pavilion plans continue to solidify
- MEET THE CANDIDATES: Placer County Office of Education Board of Trustees
- Water Bond could bring $350 million to the Sierra Nevada
- Truckee Town Council candidates talk affordable housing, General Plan (VIDEO)
- Truckee planning commissioners put hold on service center approval