SnowFest! draws crowds, raises funds
March 20, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — The SnowFest! crew is in the process of follow-up surveys, however, in light of the so-so snowpack, the event still drew crowds to the North Lake Tahoe region.
"We do know that there were people out enjoying Tahoe, as well as spending money every day that SnowFest! events were happening," said Pam Pokorny, SnowFest! executive director. "Increases in traffic and sales to businesses, as well as visual recognition for the event producers venues is key to what SnowFest! is striving to bring to the Tahoe region.
"If we can get one, two or 20 new prospective clients for these businesses, who can potentially become return customers and bring more guests with them in the future, then we did our job!"
In addition to a festival full of entertaining events, the SnowFest! Queen Raffle raised 14,000 for nonprofits in the North Lake Tahoe Area.
Visit http://www.tahoesnowfestival.com for more information.
Trending In: Local
- Nevada County customers lose home insurance; some see double, triple increases
- Truckee, North Tahoe skiers dominate first race of high school season
- John Ward: Airport Board member Lisa Wallace’s apology falls short
- Old Tahoe City firehouse could get a makeover
- Tahoe City moving forward with affordable housing project