SoCal man, 42, drowns in Lake Tahoe (updated)
July 30, 2014
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — A 42-year-old Southern California man died Monday afternoon in a drowning incident at Sand Harbor State Park, officials said.
Rescuers responded to the area of Diver's Cove at about 4:50 p.m. Monday, said North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District Battalion Chief Ryan Sommers.
Washoe County Sheriff’s Office Spokewoman Tami Cummings said the man — whose name has not been released — was swimming about 50 yards from shore and calling for help, and a bystander swam out to rescue him.
Lifeguards and firefighters performed CPR and used a defibrillator to try to revive him, but were unsuccessful.
WCSO Sgt. John Hamilton confirmed Monday the man drowned while swimming.
A CareFlight helicopter was called to the scene, and several emergency personnel also responded.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee Town Council approves Grocery Outlet
- Lake Tahoe-area resorts announce Friday as 2018-19 season opener
- Updated results still shows close race for Truckee Town Council
- ELECTION: Hetherington, Jones battle for second airport board seat
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing