Sunshine Letter | Bandfest for suicide awareness a rousing success
July 3, 2014
Bandfest for suicide awareness a success
On behalf of our family and charitysmith.org we would like to extend our sincere thank you to Miss Amy and Mr. Turner along with their incredible staff at Bar of America. We also want to thank the Deckheads for playing with their friends the Backroads Bandits — what amazing talent.
I personally would like to say how blessed I am for Lori Tucker and my husband Ron Curtis for all your support and help with everything.
On June 6 we held our first Bandfest a suicide awareness fundraiser to benefit the suicide intervention/prevention efforts. This fund benefits scholarships, along with programs for teens and young adults who are struggling with depression and loneliness, to help make them aware they are never alone through education, counseling and therapy. We have also set up meetings at 6:30 p.m. every fourth Wednesday of each month at For Goodness Sake. This is for survivors on every level who need healing and tools to help in moving on. The group is called "Healing Circle" and we invite everyone to join us.
Blessings and Peace to all,
Diana, Ron and Jared
Trending In: Local
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Truckee Town Council race still too close to call
- Lastest election results (Nevada/Placer counties, state)
- Wolverines scuttle Pirates to reach first state title game since 2012
- Kurt Reinkens: Affordable living with Grocery Outlet unlocks affordable housing